Question
Posted by: Same story as SAD | 2010/03/03

Reaction to medication

Hi Doctor. The comment by one of the recent patients has startled me. I am also on Ritalin but as soon as I was put on Effexor it messed me up too. Amazing to read the same story. I dont think doctors are aware of the horrible side effects and withdrawal symptoms of this drug. Why dont they know about it? Personally I found Ritalin to have better pstchiatrc remediation than any other drug for ADD but Effexor should get a lawsuit

There's not a great deal of good research on Ritalin in Adults, rather than in children where it is useful. And I have found no research on the effects of combining Ritalin and Effexor, and would not personally consider such a combination.
Effexor also worries me as regards possibly raising blood pressure in higher doses. I have just never found it necessary to recommend it.

1