Question
Posted by: Andries | 2010-03-23

Reached Plato

I''ve been on a diet for about 2 months now, but I can''t seem to lose more weight (although I''m still 10+ kg''s overweight). I changed my exercise routine but no result!

I''ve read a lot about CLA supplements and was wondering if it''s safe to use (I''m currently using medication for cholesterol, high blood pressure and diabetes - the reason I have to lose weight)! Or are there other products you would recommend? Thanks.

Dear Andries
You don't mention what kind of diet you are using to lose weight? If you are not using an energy-reduced, low-fat, low-glycaemic index (GI) diet (esp for the diabetes) that has been personally worked out for you by a dietitian, then please consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). It is essential that anyone with diabetes and high cholesterol levels should have an individual diet prescription worked out by a dietitian. So first spend your money on consulting a dietitian before you start using CLA supplements that may or may not work, and may interfere with your medications.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-03-24

Dear Andries