Posted by: Shelley | 2008-11-12

Reached breaking point

Hi Cybershrink

I am 26 years old and I have suffered from depression and anxiety attacks for the last 12 years - I am not on any medication for it as we cannot afford it right now.

I am under a considerable amount of stress at the moment on all fronts.

A collegue in my department was fired and they are not going to replace her so I have been working 12 - 14 hr days for the last 2 weeks. We do not get overtime paid to us for this - we get time off for the hours worked but because we are short staffed we are not allowed to take it.

My husband owns his own business which is not doing very well at the moment so we are fighting alot about money - We hardly talk - we sometimes go for 2 days without saying anything at all to each other because most of the time when we do talk it ends in an argument.

We dont have a maid so when the weekend comes around I have to clean the house and help my husband out in his business (I do the books for him). So I never really have any down time.

Last week I found a lump in my breast and I have just gone for a biopsy for this. I will get the results on Friday.

All of this is just becoming too much for me and I am so close to breaking point - what can I do to just get through the day? I dont want to go back on medication but I am seriously considering just giving up.

Marvellous bonus for managament --- pay folks with time off which they're not allowed to take. Whatever you do, don't "just give up" --- you're worth so much more than that. But check psych facilities at your nearest medical school, or large state hospital / clinic, and seek out some medication ( if after assessment, that's what gets recommended ) and or counselling. Hope the breast lump turns out to be benign ; and if not, well done for catching it early