Question
Posted by: miekie | 2010/10/04

re:954

Hello dr.
Die antwoord op u vrae is: Sien kardioloog elke 3 maande. Gebruik meds vir artesklerose. Het 2 jaar terug dubbel cabg gehad en tans 3 stents. CBT Terapie gehad afgelope tyd, nie baie suksesvol nie.(Sielkundige en Psigiater) Sodra ek angina ervaar dan raak my kop deurmekaar en moet ek erg fokus om in beheer te bly. Soms is ek bang om saans te gaan slaap in geval dit weer gebeur. Glad nie ''n lekker gevoel nie. Tans is al my mediese voordele uitgeput wat terapie betref, so ek sukkel maar self aan. Anti- depressant en angs meds help so-so. In my geval ''n bose kringloop. Dankie vir u kommetaar.

OK, thanks for the further information ! Sorrt to hear that the CBT wasn't so helpful. As it's reputation grows, I suspect a lot of people are offfering "CBT" that isnpt actually much like proper CBT, but there's no form of registration or qualification that can help one identify the real experts from the chancers.
Any CBT therapist should have taught you, from the start, basic techniques for relaxing yourself deliberately and efficiently when you get anxious, and this should be a helpful metod for you to use.
Its important to find ways to break the vicious cycle - angina, etc, very reasonably makes you anxious - which can make the angina feel more painful and more frightening - which worsens the anxiety, and so on. SO using such methods to relax instead of tense up, can really help all round

1