Question
Posted by: miekie | 2012/01/15

Re:490 Anxiety and hot flashes

Hi doc
Thanks for reply. I''m seeing a good shrink, have tried other meds for depression about 4 times with adverse effects,( especially Cymbalta which helps for depression as well as fybromyalgia) - but not for me! Others made me feel terrible from zombie state, sweating, angina, vomiting, time spent in icu you name it. I''m using blood thinners so have to be careful what to use. Went researching and found its common to feel anxious when having a hot flash. Suppose I must just accept and live it through ! I''m off to see my gynea anyway and animals do help to stay sane and calm.

Well, we certainly can't have you converted into a sweaty zombie, that wouldn't do at all ! Even if one can't entirely control the flushes themselves ( as flushes ) with CBT one could control the anxiety that accompanies them, and make the experience much less unpleasant. I suspect there are ways in which animals keep us as pets. Ever noticed one, when you're getting into a flap, just looking at you as though to say " Calm down ! It'll be fine !" ?

2
Posted by: Romany | 2012/01/16

there are many natural supplements you can get to relieve the hot flushes. And they work.
Dischem has a variety from Manna to Solal.
And yes, for me anxiety goes hand in hand with the hot flushes.

Reply to Romany