Question
Posted by: Q | 2010-06-16

re1028

Would the therapist be losing their neutralityobjectivity as you say if they started emailing you like with that patient or having coffee with you (only once) outside therapy? If they were being supervised would that make it Okay?

Sorry but I don''t know what is normal here and what is allowed or nit allowed.

Thanks CS.

An e-mail from his secretary or receptionist to change the time or date of an appointment would be fine. What else would he properly need to e-mail you about, as you have a long session in which to discuss anything relevant to your therapy ? The coffee date sounds odd and would raise my antennae ( at least ). Would you not think it odd if your surgeon, before or after taking out your appendix, decided to take you out, instead, even if to a coffee shop ?
IF he is being supervised, any competent supervisor would have persuaded him to think better of this - if he told the supervisor.

2

Posted by: gee whiskers | 2010-06-16

Don''t know about the emailing but the cofffee bit sounds dicey. Are you sure he is being supervised? Personally I''ve never understood the neutrality bit - think i''d get a bit irritated with complete neutrality. need to be able to relate but maybe not out of session?

Reply to gee whiskers