Question
Posted by: maryke | 2008/06/11

re: wondering on post 613

Hi Wondering

As you would've red on my post you would've seen that I was on the Low Gi before, the dietician explained to me that time that your body has ups and down and at somepoint its going to reach a point where you stand still weight wise(a platoe is what we call it in afrikaans) and then suddenly you will start losing again it's ur bodies way of adjusting.

Just keep it up, don't give up you will lose your weight.

I really regret giving up my low gi diet

Hope it helps

Dear Maryke
Thank you for your input Maryke. You are quite correct. If you watched the TV show 'The Biggest Loser SA" you will have seen that in some weeks some of the contestants hardly lost any weight at all despite the fact that they were exercising to exhaustion and eating a low-energy diet. However, they stuck to their guns and the next week these contestants lost large amounts of weight again. Reaching a plateau is upsetting, but if you stick to your diet and exercise, you will start losing again.
Maryke you know you can start your low-GI diet again and because it worked before you will lose weight again.
Hang in there