Question
Posted by: kmn | 2008/09/10

RE: WILL OPERATION AFFECT PREGNANCY

Hi Doctor,

My partner and I are planning to have a baby. In December 2006, I had a Nissen Fundoplication as a result of a hiatal hernia. Will this affect my pregnancy in any way? I am really very anxious about it. Also, my period is a week late. I' ve done 3 home pregnancy tests and it' s all negative. I' ve been off the Evra patch for two months now. Could it be too early to detect a pregnacy with the home test or is it a after effect of the Evra and how long does it take to work out of one' s system? Thank you, KMN

The operation will not affect a pregnancy. The late period may be an after effect of stopping the patch.

1
Posted by: Lilly | 2009/02/12

Hi, I had a hysterectomy in August 2008. Only my Uteres was removed, not my ovaries. I want to know will the be a possibility that someday I will be able to have a nother baby. I' m thinking that there' s allready " synthetic"  lungs and organs, will a " synthetic"  Uteres be possible?

Reply to Lilly