Question
Posted by: Steve | 2012/06/15

RE: Wife Unhappy

Hi there,

My wife is now telling me that she don''t like it if i touch her,after 6 years...things has changed.I''m all confused.Saying it reminds her of her past,it never bothered her,so why now?

SO hard to guess. Presumably she knows, but feels uncomfortable talking about it. Be gentle qand encouraging with her, make it clear you are concerned and very worried that she seems to bothered by something which apparently happened in her past, which has again begun upsetting her. See if she is open to seeing a psychologist or counsellor to talk about this, if she feels embarrassed to talk with you. Sometimes, for instance, someone who has been abused as a child, may remember and brood about this later in life - perhaps they unexpecedly saw again, or heard from, the person who harmed them earlier, or something happened which reminded them of that part of their past.
ANd they may feel reluctant to get physically or emotionally intimate with anyone. She could really be helped a lot by a good shrink or counsellor, but may be feeling scared to talk about it.

1