Question
Posted by: Cheryl | 2010-09-09

RE-What to do to lose weight?

With regards to my previous post (405) I thank you. I weigh 54kg right now but when I started going to the gym in March this year I weighed 48kg. Some of my clothes don''t fit properly anymore and it''s depressing! Exactly how many minutes of excercise should I do? This week I have been cycling and stepping so how much of each do you recommend I do per week? I want to be at my previous weight by October.

Dear Cheryl
As I mentioned before, doing strenuous gym exercises with weights may be developing muscles which are making you bulky. The general recommendation for someone who is not overweight, is that they should do 30 min of exercise a day. Thus do 15 min of cycling and 15 min of stepping (if these are the exercises you enjoy doing) when you go to the gym. If you get bored, ask the instructor to give you other cardio exercises to do.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-09-10

Dear Cheryl