Question
Posted by: Lizz | 2010/06/30

RE: Weird feeling after exercise

I feel like this again today. It was so bad while I was shopping in Dischem that I thought I was going to pass out. I was not hungry or thirsty though. I forgot to add that it feels like I can''t think or concentrate, most things people say to me I realy have to think hard before it make sense.

I went to the Clinic where they tested my blood sugar and blood pressure and both was normal. BP 125/75 and sugar 4.7 mmol.

I am not sure If I should see my GP or Gynea or a Dietician, or if this is just normal for doing exercise. I have been at this for about 3 months now so it should not be my fitness level anylonger.

The other thing is since I am on the Low GI diet I feel loads better but my weight is standing still, eventhough I am able to exercise for longer now. At first I was starving myself and lost 3 kg in the first 3 weeks, now my weight is just standing still. I can''t go back to starving myself I was feeling very sick.

Sorry about this, I am realy confused. Who should I speak with? I don''t want to feel this way anymore.

Lizz

Hi Lizz
Just ask your GP to check your fasting blood sugar as well as your fasting insulin levels. Do not starve yourself - your body will just adjust to a slower metabolic rate and you will lose even less weight. Sometimes you need to eat just slightly more for a few days to get off the diet plateau as your body thinks you are in starvation mode. Add 3 portions of low GI carbohydrates to your diet for a few days ( like 2 Ryevita, 1 slice Ryebread or 30g of oats porridge)
Also monitor your pulse when you get these episodes - do you have any irregularity?

4
Posted by: me | 2010/06/30

Please remember that your body is changing fat to muscle. And muscle does weigh more. Therefore I would advice that you rather consentrate on body fat % . You should also get more toned. So it is a win-win

Reply to me
Posted by: Lizz | 2010/06/30

I am on a balanced diet, never even thought of it.

Reply to Lizz

Have you had your iron levels tested?

Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/06/30

Hi Lizz