Question
Posted by: Klaudija | 2010-03-15

RE: Weigh-less

In a choice between Dr Cohen Diet and Weigh-less, which would you recommend for haelthy constant weight loss?
There is so much nonsense on the net these days regarding healthy diets that a person doesn''t know what to believe any more.
I am 35 years old, 1.67m tall, weigh 74kg and have an office job - please advise.

Keep well!

Dear Klaudija
From a dietetic point of view I would rather recommend the Weigh-Less diet because it is more balanced and includes all the food groups. It is also very beneficial as research has shown for slimmers to get moral support from group sessions. Your present BMI = 26,5 which is just above the normal range (18-25), so it would be good to lose approx. 10 kg to achieve a BMI of 23. If you are able then combine regular daily exercise for 30 or more minutes with your Weigh-Less diet (you can for example buy a skipping rope and skip for 30 min a day even if you have a demanding job). Start slowly and then increase how long and fast you skip as you get fitter.

6
Posted by: Bev | 2010-04-15

I would personally go with the Weigh-Less diet. I did the diet on my own (no classes) and lost 27 kg although it did take some time. It definitely teaches correct eating habits and correct combinations of foods etc which is really good. What I did so that I didn''t feel like I was on a " diet"  was following the eating plan from Monday to Friday and relax over weekends but not going overboard. I have maintained a 20kg loss for the past year. Unfortunately I gained a bit during a very stressful period in my life but I am ready now to get back to it. Good luck with your diet.

Reply to Bev
Posted by: tracy | 2010-03-15

Weighless is the best option and im speaking from experience when one choices to lose weight the question you should ask yourself is this something i can follow for the rest of my life and most diets the answer is NO, but with weighless its more of a way of life, its healthy and the results if followed properly speak for themselves.. Good luck

Reply to tracy
Posted by: Tinkerbell | 2010-03-15

I would recommend Weighless. It is not only a diet but teaches u to eat correctly. At the beginning it can be hard work (weighing your food) but u get used to it. Whats nice is if u plan your meals u can easily take your meals to work. Weighless has been going for 35years. Thats proof that it works. The support they give u is fantastic

Reply to Tinkerbell
Posted by: Tinkerbell | 2010-03-15

Reply to Tinkerbell
Posted by: petru | 2010-03-15

Hi There,

I tried the Cohen Diet, and unfortunately I had a terrible family emergency. Which caused me to not complete the first three months, well I was unable to do the last month. i immediately let the lady know that handled my diet, and I was treated rudely, and told i would be kicked off the program. So there is no support or any understanding. Weighless is wonderfull, you have a group to meet each week, and people the really cares and the eating plan is much easier than the Cohen diet... my opinion. And not to mention how expensive cohen diet is....

Reply to petru
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-03-15

Dear Klaudija