Question
Posted by: Preggie | 2011/01/11

RE: want to get pregnant but on anti epiletics

thank you for the post, I am currently taking Folic acid and have been for a few months already. Are there any other pre-natal vitamins that i should take, I plan to start trying from next month for a baby, My hubby seems a little more reassured now. My neuro says that medication levels in my are fine, and might even be able to decrease the dose if necessary, as i am on a reletavely low dosage already.

Can you recomend High ris gynae in the JHB area that i can see. I have not yet found one that i am comfortable with.
many thanks

You cna take Pregnavit M, though the folic acid is the mpost important. Unfortunately I cannot make recommendations on this site.

3
Posted by: Preggie | 2011/01/17

Hi mary,
i am on Tegretol as well. what is your dose. I currently tal 200mg x 2 (morning and evening)

Reply to Preggie

Posted by: mary | 2011/01/11

Hi Preggie,
I am almost in the exact same boat as you. I am also on anti-epileptic meds and ttc. My neurologist put me on the safest possible drugs and I have been on it for almost 6 months.
Which meds are you on? Ive been put onto Tegrotol.
Cheers
Mary

Reply to mary