Question
Posted by: nono | 2010/07/20

RE: WAITING PERIOD

I had early miscarriage from the IVF that I did in June. I would like to try again for IVF. I just need to know how long should I wait if I want to do it again.

Dear Nono

There is no specified period as to how long you should wait before starting another IVF cycle. However it would be advisable to probably start after a 2-month post a miscarriage when all your pelvic structures would most certainly be back to normal. This would also give you a reasonable amount of time to get the emotional trauma associated with miscarriage and IVF treatment to be better and start a new cycle in a better condition.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

2
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/07/27

Dear Nono

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: S | 2010/07/22

Hi. I did 2 IVFs back-to-back and the 2nd didn''t work (miscarriage after the 1st). I would wait 2 cycles before trying again. It is so costly so I wouldn''t want to jeopardise anything. All the best.

Reply to S