Question
Posted by: Nicky | 2010/11/01

RE: Visit to Gynae

Hi Doc,

Please don''t think i am stupid or anything by writing to you but i have just turned 30 and i have never been to a gynae. I am very embarassed to go there and be examined and yes many will say how can you be sexually active and not shy. But anyway the other day while my boyfriend and i were talking the question came up about seeing a gynae with him as he wants children immediately. However i am not so open minded about having children although we have been seeing each other for a year now he loves unprotected sex although i insist on protection. However i am not on the pill as i gained to much weight so therefore after everytime that we are sexual i take Norlevo just in case something develops. However on saturday he tricked me and slipped the condom off and obviously did the deed inside of me, however i realised this and got very mad with him and once again took Norlevo. I don''t feel comfy going to a gynae especially with my boyfriend. Should i feel this way or not. No rude comments please.

If you take Norlevo more than once a month it will not be effective. You really should see a gynaecologist. Your best bet would be to think of seeing a female gynaecologist that you might be more comfortable with. Also, if you are not ready for children, condoms are not a very good form of contraception.

3
Posted by: Nicky | 2010/11/02

HI Purple,

Thanks for your input and yes i guess i would have to go to a doctor your right. No i don''t think i can trust him if he took the condom off during sex.

Reply to Nicky
Posted by: Purple | 2010/11/02

Its not usual to take ones boyfriend or husband with to a gynae appointment unless you are pregnant.
Why don''t you just tell him that he won''t be allowed in for the examination?

You really should be visiting the gynae for a pap smear. Tell the gynae it is your first time and he or she will spend time telling you about what will happen and explaining things to you. They really don''t make you feel uncomfortable, and the pap smear is over in a few seconds.

You should probably speak to a psychologist or go for couples counselling together about your very different ideas on children, also, can you trust him in other areas of your life if he took the condom off during sex?

Reply to Purple