Question
Posted by: Lerato | 2013-02-06

RE: VIOLENT HOUSEBREAKINGS

As a black person who has been burglerised by a 19year old homeless gay white guy i sometimes helped TWICE,,i dont think its a racial thing...i believe the guy also felt that i didnt deserve all i had when he had to beg for everything he has..i dont think its a racial thing but a ratio thing, and the first time i was burgled and had a gun held to my head was by a black guy and i was only in Standard 8

...black people are a majority in SA and the majority is living well below the bread line and they go out and commit these horrendous crimes in numbers...i lived in the UK for a while and most of the crime was committed by white people etc cause they are a majority there..

I think some people are just evil whatever race they are and just like the easy way out.and one problem (at the risk of being chastised) with most black south africans is their sense of entitlement..Nobody bought the house i live in or the car i drive and stuff i want i either save for or blow my money and face the consequences the government or no one owes me nothin..the world owes me fokol..

..Rest assured fellow white South Africans most of us working black south africans with morals and ethics do not hate u and we are just as petrified for our safety as u are....

Right, that in any country the majority of crims is likely to be done by whoever is the majority in the population, as is the majority of good deeds.
And while there are obviously areas to understand in why some people in desperation commit some crimes, there are limits to such explanations. If a hungry man steals bread for his family, that;'s easy to understand and almost to respect ; but howver poor someone is, raping a baby or child, as some folks do, has no justification and is horrible to all cultures and groups.
And you're right, that while some people of all hues have been given everything on a plate and don't deserve it, most of us have worked really hard for what we have. And some of the thieves are in a sense self-deprived, who choose to spend on drugs and alcohol and then complain that they can't afford other things they fancy.
Excellently well expressed, Lerato. YOu deserve that malt whiskey !

6
Posted by: Phil | 2013-02-07

I wish more people could read this post right now. Because I believe  it is people like us and especially our kids that grow up with people like us. That will save our country  and make all of us proud.
So let the few of us spread this message and stand together  and one day we will know. That it is because of us  and the way we raise our kids, and the messages we give or teach others. that made a diffirence.

Reply to Phil
Posted by: White Gal | 2013-02-06

I love your sense of humor Lerato, you really made me LOL right now!

Reply to White Gal
Posted by: Lerato | 2013-02-06

Amen sista@white gal couldnt have said it better myself..there was a gang of black guys hijacking only young black females telling them " you guys think u are better cause u drive nice cars etc"  like we just wake up and go to a dealership and these things fall on our laps..people need to change their attitudes..right now i need a better paying job and i know if i dont jack up my qualifications its not going to happen..case closed..anyway...

@ White guy..me for president is probably not a good idea..id blow all your tax money on single malt whiskey and die of liver Cirrhosis within 12months of my presidency lol

Reply to Lerato
Posted by: Another white gal | 2013-02-06

Well said Lerato! Must admit I''d never thought of it geing a ratio thing, so thanks for the wakeup call.

Way to go Lerato!

Reply to Another white gal
Posted by: White gal | 2013-02-06

Hey Lerato, well said girl! We as white people think we are the only victims of crime in this country, but we are not. My oldest sister lives in Hertfordshire in the United Kingdom and she said the same thing you did - many of the crimes committed there are by white people against white people! There are also home invasions where people are raped and murdered, the scale on which it happens is just smaller as there are a lot less people in UK compared to SA. I firmly believe that there are millions of black people in SA who are just as sick and tired of the crime as the rest of us - they are also victims, just like the rest of us. Last year in July I saw a black guy smash and grab a black woman''s bag - it''s not about the colour of one''s skin, the victim has (money, a nice car, jewellery, a cell phone etc.) what the perpetrator does not have and he will use whatever means necessary to get what he wants (the use of violence/force etc.) The level of unemployment and poverty is so hgih in this country and unfortunately people resort to crime to survive. My personal opinion! Just for the record, not all white people hate black people either! We just want to live in peace and be safe and secure in this beautiful country we call home!

Reply to White gal
Posted by: Phil | 2013-02-06

Lerator for President!

Well said Lerato  wish all of our fellow humans in this country can wake up and see it the way it is!

White guy

Reply to Phil