Posted by: Vic | 2008-12-03

RE: Unhappy at new work

For some reas on I can not post on the previous thread...
Jcat you had some interesting arguments. I think I should start to get my CV ready. This might be the greatest challence I had in a long time, and the what if' s is getting at me. What if I get the wrong job again, what if the 3 months counts against me in years to come, what if the next job is even worse? What if I rather stay where I am for a year or two just to secure a good possition from here.

Analyze what went wrong this time, and why, so as to be better able to avoid repeating the same mistakes next time. How did this turn out to be "the wrong job" when presumably it seemed so right when you went for it and accepted it ? And remember, as Hook said, learn from mistakes. As I say, we will all make mistakes throughout life --- let's just try to make sure they are new mistakes, rather than repeating the old ones from which we should already have learned the available lessons.

Posted by: anon | 2008-12-03

I have just been through the same thing and I am in the recruitment/HR business. You never know how people and the company itself will be until you are there. Believe me many paint a rosy picture and it turns out to be different.
Put your current position on your CV but make sure that you state a clear reason for wanting to leave without blaming anyone. If you have a good track record that is stable this wont be a train smash but be careful with your next choice. Agencies and prospective employers are weary if patterns repeat themselves

Reply to anon
Posted by: Hook | 2008-12-03

I thihnk all of us have some kind of intuition when it comes to jobs. I usually make a list of pros and cons but rely on my intuition. In my case for the first time I disregarded all my feelings and landed into hot water. In life I believe there are no mistakes but only lessons. Let this be a future lesson to draw from. Best of luck with whatever you do

Reply to Hook