Question
Posted by: anon | 2008/06/02

RE: TWO TONE SKIN

Hi Doc, i refer to your advise on Chloasma and would like to know does this condition only happen aroung the facial area. I have some unsightly marks around my neck area and embarrassing enough on my cleavage area. I have been taking Dianne for year and currently on INDEROL. i have tried so many creams to try and get rid of the discolouration but to no avail. Can the mediaction im taking have anything to do with this ? If not should i actually get my tyroid checked up?

Dear Anon
Yes you can get chloasma on the neck and cleavage area too. The Diane could be the culprit. You should actually see a dermatologist - they can prescribe Hydroquinone, Skinoren or Retin A and could maybe give you something else to use instead of the Diane.