Question
Posted by: brent | 2009-12-02

Re: TRT doctors in Durban

I have been on testosterone replacement therapy for about 3 months, but am unhappy with my doctor. I' m sure he is a great Dr, but I' ve come to realize that with regards to TRT he is inexperienced. Do you know of any good Dr' s with experience in TRT.
Thank you for your help.
Brent

Expert ImageAgeing and Sexuality expert

Working with testosterone replacement is pretty specialised. Even though testosterone replacement for men has been around for awhile, there is so much more that we now know about it now. And unless the health care provider is keeping up with new information in sexual medicine he may well still be following familiar/old protocols which may not be completely effective.

Today we follow an integrative treatment approach. This means we are not purely interested in your T lab report - we need a lot of tests of other hormones plus need to take a full medical, sexual and life style history. And maybe this is why your present regime is not working - you need a fuller work up and perhaps a relook at your T replacement.

I suggest you read my book "Ageing and Sexuality"(Oshun 2009) and take it to any specialist you consult to inform them of latest research findings.

I am sorry I cannot recommend anyone in Durban as am unfamiliar with their knowledge base.

1
Posted by: Ageing and Sexuality expert | 2009-12-14

Reply to Ageing and Sexuality expert