Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2009/05/20

re: tonsils

Hello Dr Bets

Thanks for your help. My throat now is really really sore and burny but Im sure its only viral. Will take some myprodol.. I just started the erythromycin now at 6pm. now its 14 days of being awake at midnight and 6am every morning even on weekends :(
also quick question: i see some of my erythromycin capsules look like the powder has come out of them. are they safe to use still?

thanks!

Dear Lisa
Yes they will be safe to use unless it looks as if they lost most of the contents, then the dose may be too low. Get some Andolex spray to spray in the throat for the pain and infection - it is expensive but I think worth it.