Question
Posted by: minki | 2010/05/11

Re theraphy

I have two question after readin post below:

1. how important is it for sum1 diagnosed with something like Ms to seek theraphy ito dealing with the diagnosis etc
2. Would it help for woman to seek theraphy ito of dealing with a difficult husband, and if yes what type of therapist should she seek i.e. psychologist/marriage counsellor, the idea would be to see sum1 who is able to give her advice and tell her how to deal with him not just listen to her story...

Ideally, and if a suitably experienced therapist / counsellor is available, it can be useful. And similarly, it is useful to be helped with a dificult spouse. Listening to your story is indeed helpful, but any sympathetic friend or family member can do that, so long as they will resist the temptation to stray into interfering as thouh they were therapiss. For professional help, I think the essential is to seek someone, preferably with a CBT ( Cognitive-behaviour Therapy ) orientation, who will be practical and siensible and deal with concrete issues

1