Question
Posted by: Mosa | 2010/01/27

RE: the other guy

Thanks guys for your advice. I know I shouldn' t have hooked up with this guy but I was at a point where I just felt my marriage is over and there' s nothing we can do about it. I' m just so angry and resentful towards my husband. He' s been treating me so bad(affairs, kissing women, ex girlfriend) and everything he does he' s got reasons and reasons for it. Then later when he' s done sleeping and kissing them he' ll say I' m so sorry, I was stupid, I shouldn' t have done that, I was over sighted etc I' m just tired unfortunately I slept with this guy too soon. I' ve scheduled an appointment with a marriage counselor, for me basically to get advice on whether I should leave or stay. But I already know the counselor we' ll say leave just like my 2 therapist I went to alone. Unfortunately I was not ready to leave, really I should have left then but I stayed to try and save my marriage but now I feel like why should I sell myself short and be with someone who doesn' t respect me, never listens. When he had an affair that he couldn' t end for months once we were in the car traveling and he said " I WANT TO CALL MY MISTRESS AND EVEN IF YOU SAY NO I" LL CALL HER ANYWAY, I WONT CALL HER IN THE CAR BUT I WILL SO IF I WERE YOU I WOULN" T SAY NO"  and he called her when I sitting on the passenger seat and our son was in there too. Those words and the feeling it' s like it happened yesterday yet it happened 5 yrs ago. We' ll see what happens with counseling but I' ve got no hope at all none whatsoever.

Sad, isn't it, that when one fears the marriage may be over, we tend to think of doing things that will guarantee that it's over !
A marriage counsellor ( if you could persuade him to take part, maybe if he thinks it's to help him with whatever problems he thinks he has with you ! )will make it clear there are no excuses for his cheating and worrying you about his fidelity.
But now you reveal you have seen 2 therapists and a marriage counsellor, all of whom told you to leave him. You now reveal further details that make it clear he has no respect for you ( or himself ) at all. You cannot possibly save the marriage all on your own. Unless he sincerely wants to save it, you may as well leave him

1