Question
Posted by: bitten | 2010/07/08

Re: tetanus jab, bitten by cat

I felt absolutely terrible yesterday (the day after my tetanus injection) - BAD headache, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, dizzyness. Could this have been from the tetanus injection? I''m much better today - headache is almost gone, nausea has faded and not so dizzy.

The doctor put me on a 7 day course each of sandoz-flucloxac (4 times a day) and flagyl (3 times a day). Also bactroban, and mybulen as needed. Does that sound right..? It seems like over kill to be taking that many pills..?

Thanks! :)

Btw, kitty is looking fine, redness doesn''t seem to have gotten any worse, but we may take him back to the vet this weekend just to be sure.

Hi Bitten
No it is the Flagyl - it is not a nice antibiotic to take, I know - if it really makes you feel bad, halve the dose and take it a few days longer. Unfortunately animal bites must be treated by a combination of antibiotics, especially if it is on the hands as complications can happen quickly and have severe effects like loss of a finger.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/07/08

Hi Bitten