Question
Posted by: Rob | 2010/06/10

RE: Talking in my sleep is fine. But cleaning house?

Prof, thank you for your response.

The others in the house haven''t noticed anything before. So I guess it''s either happened before and no one noticed, or this was the first time.

I have visited a friend once and her mom takes zolpidem chronically. Her mom and I would have long conversations at night, without me knowing that she doesn''t actually remember any of it.

If I remember correctly dissociative states resolve themselves. Am I correct? I am also wondering if there might be an organic cause - although logic suggests there might be other symptoms also?

I have an appointment with my doc on Tuesday - will discuss it there.

Prof, I''m sure I speak for everyone that posts here when I say thank you for taking the time to do this. It''s easy to think that psychiatrists don''t have any virtue left (probably understandably) and one friend said that she''s sure her shrink uses his personality as a contraceptive. :-)

Keep well Prof

R.

They can indeed resolve themselves. But not necessarily so. Some of us have a special talent for dissociation, just as some of us are far more readily hynotizeable than others. There might not necessarily be other symptoms.
Thanks for your kind words. Fortunately, I find there are still some nice shrinks around. A few that I know of, had no virtue to lose, in the first place ! ;} And they are. in themselves, such a powerful argument in favour of birth control.

1