Question
Posted by: Joanne | 2012/04/02

RE: Subject: verbally/emotionally abusive relationship

Posted by: Joanne | 21/3/2012

OK, so I gave my boyfriend an altimatum, following the above-mentioned post, and he left me, he left for another province, and now I am 6 months pregnant, alone, can''t seem to cope, been crying for days, can''t eat, can''t sleep.....can''t anything. PLEASE HELP!

PLEASE see a counsellor in person. I wonder whether you understood or interpreted the comments various people gave, in choosing how and when to act. Check for local branches of organizations like POWA that help abused women. The bf who left doesn't sound as though he would give you the affection and support you deserve ; and if he was able to rapidly to leave for another proince, one wonders whether he may have been already planning to leave ? You deserve much more than an abusive relationship, and with time you will find it.

2
Posted by: Liza | 2012/04/02

Congratulations on taking positive action. It''s something you can be proud of! So push out that chest and say aloud - I''m proud of myself because I have reason to be!

Obviously it''s difficult to deal with a breakup - even more so with pregnancy hormones mixing things up. You deserve support to help you through this difficult time. If you can afford to see a psychologist to help you through this, please do so. If you do not have medical aid, you can contact both POWA as well as FAMSA for free counseling options. Don''t give up! The light at the end of the tunnel is NOT an oncoming train!

Good Luck
Liza

Reply to Liza