Question
Posted by: in pain | 2010-01-16

Re sharp pain in lower right abdomen

The pain hadn'   t gone away by this morning, so I went back to the ER. Urine and blood tests were repeated and came back normal again, (UTI was ruled out again) and the dr repeated that it was probably ovarian cysts. I was sent for a sonar to confirm this, but no cysts (or any other abnormalities for that matter) were found. The dr then said that the cyst had most probably already burst, which is why they couldn'   t see anything. The pain is much better now, but not completely gone. If something had burst, shouldn'   t the pain be gone by now?

Your doctor is most probably correct but remember that the fluid from the cyst can cause irriatation after it has burst. I still suggest that a proper urine MC&S is done. This usually takes three days. Please refer to the following link for more information on ovarian cysts: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ovarian_cysts