Re: Restructuring in company- Bad senior manager

My company is going through a restructuring process, unfortunately staff in the company are bound to lose their jobs as the process calls for rationalisation as well, however I believe there is one senior individual in the organisation whose playing a pivotal and instrumental role in having the staff that has not been nice to him be retrenched. He''s the kind the person who expect staff to work 24/7 despite our family obligations, because he works from 6am-11pm and lets us know it because we are on blackberry. He has no rules of confidentaility nor respect for staff and great gossiper of note. Staff are extremely unhappy, low morale in company and demotivated but are afraid to open up to senior management because he has sold himself so well, they cannot see any wrong in him. Staff are afraid of being victims or face repurcussions..I suggested we write a letter together to MD, but was told he will go to the " ends of the earth to find the culprit! " Any suggestions on how we can address this issue without anyone being affected?

Expert ImageWorkplace health expert

Restructuring and retrenchment always create stress and political unhappiness. I would channel your energies more positively in looking at how you can secure ongoing employment,if this your wish, or preparing a CV to seek alternative employment. To challenge the structures you have portrayed would be a desperate negative exercise probably with little success.