Posted by: Leanne | 2011-12-05

Re: Question 971

Hi Doc, I went to go see the doctor cause my headaches were getting worse, he ruled out encephalitis, meningitis and a migraine. He said it could be a tension headache, but should that last this long as I still have a headache and it''s been 10 days now, he gave me Synaleve for pain every 8 hours, Arcoxia 90mg one a day and Bio-baclofen half a tab twice a day and I must take this for 5 days, that was on Thursday, I am feeling no relief and when I take the pills it doesn''t really take the headache away. Most of the time it is not unbearable pain, it is just there, and other times it hurts like shooting pains in my head, it also feels like there is a fire in my head, but I don''t have a fever. He said if it hasn''t gone away I must have blood tests done and see and if nothing is established from the blood test I must have a brain scan which I cant afford as I''m not on medical aid. What could be the cause of my headache? Nothing has changed in my life recently, sleep on the same bed, same pillow.

In light of your chronic headache, it is very important to consult a neurologist for an examination, ECG and MRI scan, as soon as possible.