Question
Posted by: Leanne | 2011/02/22

Re question 971

Hi Doc, went to the gynae yesterday because the pain persisted and we found a 5cm cyst on my left ovary. He has given me Nurofen Ibuprofen 200mg once 3 times a day, is this the correct method to eliminate the cyst? Does the cyst affect my chance of having children? I have also been on the pill for 8 years and I have heard that the pill prevents things like this?

You have been given painkillers/antiinflammatories. These will help with the pain but not get rid of the cyst. It is true that the Pill lessens the chance of cysts as you do not ovulate, but all cysts are not related to ovulation. Some cysts disappear on their own. If this does not happen, you would need surgery.If you are on the Pill, you obviously will not fall pregnant. I'm not sure why you want to abstain now and what the concern is about having sex on your wedding night.

3
Posted by: Leanne | 2011/02/24

The gyne said we must abstain for a month because it will help the cyst go away. It is very painful when we have sex with the cyst. So will it be better by the wedding?

Reply to Leanne

Posted by: Leanne | 2011/02/23

and I''m getting married on the 5th March, if we abstain until then, do you think it''ll be okay to have intercourse on our wedding night?

Reply to Leanne