Question
Posted by: Scared | 2012/10/02

Re question 677

Hi CS

Thank you for the reply - Romany commented on my original posting. But what do you sugest I do in order to move forward? your answers given seems to have stemmed from Romany''''s comment, which I am sure he/she is grateful for, but I would like your advice on my problem at hand.

Hardly "stemmed from", I'm not that horticultiral ! But similar too and agreeing with. Considering the situation you face - what do YOU see as the alternatives you need to choose between ?

4
Posted by: Scared | 2012/10/03

Hi Tanya

thank you for the message. in terms of advice this helps a lot. I guess it is not necc. a bad thing if you aware of all the dangers around you as you mentioned to your children  a lot of the time bad things happen because you were not aware so in that regard I will be fine. focus more on the good things / good times than dwelling on the negative. some days its easier to do so than others but even just voicing it has helped a lot.
thanks once again, atleast I got a bit of advice, and that was all I was looking for. " life is wonderful, live it with gusto!" 

Reply to Scared
Posted by: Tanya | 2012/10/02

Shame man Scared, you''re not having much luck with any advice so far. I''ll try and give you my take on death and hope it will ease your mind a little.

This is a common concern with a lot of people. Most of the time its not actually death that worries us, but HOW we will die that bothers us the most. You know that there are only TWO definite things in every humans life and that is birth and death, everything else is transient. There is nothing you can do about that! We just have to accept it.

Remember too that everything that is born must die. You are still so young and have a wonderful life to live ahead of you. Live every day, yes, as if it is your last and just take good care of yourself.

I always say to my children " Look after yourself"  and I dont just mean look left, right and left again before crossing the road, but be aware of where you are, who you are with, what you are doing, what you are drinking, what you are eating, who are you mixing with - everything!

Sorry I''m going on a bit here, but in April this year I was with my dearest Mother when she passed away and it was the most peaceful moment ever. Dont be scared anymore - life is wonderful, live it with gusto!

Reply to Tanya
Posted by: Scared | 2012/10/02

Apologies Dr.

to answer your question, I have tried a number of things to not feel this way.( Romany might want to try this as well  I have even stopped reading local news because of all the negative things happening  reading about it only increases one''s anxiety, I believe. or is it too " head-stuck-in-the-sand?). i have seen a psychologist before, which I found helped. I have been to a doctor before regarding feelings of anxiety and was prescribed Alzam, Eglonyl and another anti-deppresant that I cannot recall and I must say medication does not take away your fears and problems it might elleviate it some but it does not take it away AND it is not a route i would like to pursue. maybe I just wanted someone to tell me I must stop worrying, and give me soe positive advice or atleast a pointer in that direction. Or maybe i should just try to NOT think about it but its not that easy.

Reply to Scared