Posted by: abc | 2012-10-31

RE: Provera

I posted the question about starting Provera again if I might be pregnant?

The thing is, I''m supposed to take the Provera every 3 weeks for 1 week (1 week on, 3 weeks off) to simulate a normal cycle and to kickstart my body into having a normal cycle again.

Today is day 17 of my cycle. I''ve been using an ovulation microscope, and I suspect I may have ovulated yesterday, but the test was ambiguous.
I''m supposed to start the Provera on day 20 for 7 days, and 2 days later should have my period. So if I have conceived, it means I''ll only know in about 2 weeks, and by then I would have already had the Provera.

So on the one hand, do I not take the Provera and see if I get a period normally, and/or am pregnant? But if I don''t get a period and am not pregnant, I''m right back where I started...
But on the other hand, if I do take the Provera at the right time and I am pregnant, will it hurt my pregnancy at all?

My GP did say I could continue trying to conceive while on the Provera, but I''m just a bit worried...

Thank you!

The Provera will not harm your fetus if you are pregnant. Continue taking the medication as prescribed.