Question
Posted by: Didu | 2011/12/08

Re: Problem Skin

As per previous post below

Thank you for you reply

I am currently not using anything as I only use water to clean my face. I have used the clinique range and prodducts but this did not seem to help. I also do not know what sunscreen to use as the ones I''ve tried before leave my skin feeling dry.

Subject: Skin problems
Posted by: Didi | 11/11/2011

I have lupus and have extremely dry skin. Which products can I use to hydrate my skin as it feels like its about to crack. I also love make up and find it difficult to remove it at night as the products I use are harsh on my skin.

Pls assist.

EXPERT''S REPLY
Subject:
Posted by: Anti-ageing expert | 19/11/2011
Hi Didi, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay with my response but I have just returned from my London practice.

This is a difficult question to answer over the net as one would like to know what products you are currently using, what your daily skin care regime is, and to examine the skin before deciding on the best topical regime for you.

Please submit a new question (not a comment in the comment box) with answers to the above questions and we may get a little closer to finding a solution. Alternatively you can see your dermatologist who can give you the best advice regarding a topical range for you.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Didu, thank you for getting back to me.
It certainly sounds like one would need to examine the skin to see if any specific cause can be found for the dryness. Such excessive dryness may have a link with a medical problem such as thyroid abnormalities, the SLE you have and even some other autoimmune diseases. My advice is to see a dermatologist who can examine you thoroughly and perform some blood tests before deciding on a specific range.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2011/12/10

Reply to anti-ageing expert