Question
Posted by: Ren | 2008-11-02

re posting 409

Refer posting 409.

My cat with babesiosis is still having sneezing fits and runny nose. Her poor little nose even developed a scab from being wet all the time. She' s had 1 slightly bloody sneeze when the scab came off but other than that the mucous is clear.
I' ve been using Ecosnuff in her water but although she' s not got any worse, she' s no better.

I' m worried about possible allergies to the meds or this being a symptom of the illness.

She' s only due back at the vet in a week. What should I do?
I' m really worried but don' t want to overreact.

Dear Ren

Visit the vet this week.

1
Posted by: Chill | 2008-11-02

If you are worried, and you visit the vet and all you get is simple reassurance, then you are not overreacting - that is one of a vet' s jobs, as far as I' m concerned.

I' ve said this before: I would far, far rather take my animals to the vet one time too often than one time too few.

This principle has served me well - I' ve gone away happier a few times, but I' ve also nipped a few nasty things in the bud by going early, rather than letting things be for a while.

Reply to Chill