Question
Posted by: curios | 2010-08-23

Re: posting 1087

I am scared that my guy is going to forget about me whilst he is dealing with getting over the hurt of his previous relationship.

He has asked me for space which I am honouring at the moment. We both believe that we are the right person for each other but we do not want to have baggage in our relationship. I am just scared that he is going to forget about me.

He asked me for space two weeks ago. Can I text him next week just saying hallo and to say I am thinking of him. He is under extreme pressure at work as well.

Remmber the corny but wise old saying about relationships, something about letting him go free - if he doesn't return he never was yours in the first place. Why would he forget about you ? Aren't you unforgettable ? The timetable for him sorting out his personal baggage is hard to guess - what, from what you already know, is the likely duration of his extreme pressures at work ?

7
Posted by: curious | 2010-08-24

dear Anon, do you think it is still ok for me just to text him next week and say I am thinking of him or will he feel pressure if I do that?

Reply to curious
Posted by: curious | 2010-08-24

thank you anon. It is just tricky as he is under so much pressure, he just does not have time for me. I believe he is the person I am supposed to marry so I want to do this. He knows that I am giving him his space and that I am actually waiting for him. I have never been tested like this in my life but I want to remain positive. the problem is also that his company wants him to go to france for a while for work as well after the projects end, he still needs to decide to go but because he is getting issues now because of the ex, he may just need to go to clear his head but then I at least hope he keeps me in the loop regarding it.

thank you for sharing your personal experience with me.

Reply to curious
Posted by: Anon | 2010-08-23

Please give him is space - its for your own good! if he loves you and comes back to you you will be sure that he did not feel pressurized. Otherwise, in a year or two''s time, when you hit some relationship difficulties he''ll blame you for not giving him the space he needed to much. You''ll end up always feeling second-hand to his ex-fiancee, and thats not a good place to be in! I am married to a man with such a background, and even though he is a wondeful father to our kids, our relationship will never ever be close due to resentments as described above. Its not worth it!! those few weeks wait while he gathers himself and finishes his project is worth every seconds wait however!! keep your future together in mind!!

Posted by: curious | 2010-08-23

Thank you Noid and Cybershrink. He was engaged for 6 years and he got hurt real bad so I guess it will take a while to heal plus he works 7 days a week at this stage as his job is project driven.

I will send the text and see what happens. thank you all.

I am trying to be extremely positive as what you believe will happen usually does. I must have more faith in him not forgetting me hey?!

Thank you all.

Reply to curious
Posted by: NoID | 2010-08-23

I dont agree with ''not again''. I''d say send the text &  see how he responds ... Goodlcuk!

Reply to NoID
Posted by: Not again | 2010-08-23

Curious please, get a life and stop living for this guy, if he misses u and want to contact u he will do so. please woman!

Reply to Not again