Question
Posted by: fearful | 2011/07/31

Re: post 856

Thank you for your speedy reply. Yes, you''re correct that I have not mentioned the other stuff. I was first treated for severe depression and an eating disorder. Afterwards was diagnosed with GAD, Few years later it changed to Bipolar and this year I saw a neuropsychologist as I still had problems despite change in meds who diagnosed adult ADD. To be honest Prof, it is a relief to know that I do have valid " illnesses"  as I have been battling all these problems since childhood. My psychologist has never wanted to put labels on me but for my peace of mind I needed to know and he explained that I have traits of various personality disorders which developed as a result of traumatic childhood. So Prof, Ive always had them but it seems to be getting worse (anxiety, isolation part)and the best way to describe things is to compare myself being on a permanent rollercoaster ride and the structure of the rollercoaster is starting to crumble and give way. I am very compliant with being in therapy and taking my meds. After 5 yrs being in weekly therapy, there are certain things which seems to be getting worse. It''s not therapy that''s not working. I have an expert psychiatrist and psychologist. My fear is losing complete control (which seems to be happening). What do I do when it feels that things are getting worse. All I want to do is hide.

Gosh, you have gone through a veritable buffet of problems ! I have no doubt that you have valid and genuine problems ( who would choose these forms of ddiscomfort ? ) , but when the particular collection of symptoms you have get grouped in slightly different ways and lead to multiple diagnoses, it does get complicated, doesn't it ?
CBT should be able to help you to change unhelpful habits of thought and behaviour.
Its actually rather typical of anxiety and panic disorders that one fears losing control, but such people never actually lose control, it just feels very like it might happen.
Sounds like you are in good hands, and between them, with your own hard work, which is crucial, things should gradually come right. Trust yourself to be able to do this

1