Question
Posted by: Barbara | 2011-03-10

re post 781

Please take a look at post 781. Thank you for your response. Please I need help re my husband he told me that he needs his space and is not sure what he wants to do with our relationship. I love him with all my heart and am extremely sorry about what went on even though it was not sexual. One minute he is fine and the next he is quiet and withdrawn. He said he loves me and our daughter yet he needs time to process and heal. What can I do to help him see that we can get through this together. He keeps saying he needs help for himself to get his head right and not with a marriage counsellor. Is this normal? Must I give him space? How long will he take to come out of this depression? Do you see people privately? I feel like I am dying inside. Please help - it is killing me to see him in this depression. PS my mom is leaving on sat.

I think people who need their space should consult an Estate Agent, and should not use this as an excuse for being unkind to others or evading their responsibilities. From the sound of what you are describing, he needs time with a good counsellor / therapist ) rather than space, as he's not very likely to solve this efficiently all on his own. If he could do it alone, surely he would have done so already.
I don't see people privately any more, having retired from active direct private practice due to health problems.

2

Posted by: QQ | 2011-03-10

Cheating does not always = sex.
Firstly I wish you only the best ..
Secondly, I hope that many people will read these posts from you and will learn from the mistakes you have made.
The excitement of the secrecy of this kind and any other kind of cheating is simply just not worth the effort.
Let us hope LOVE wins here in this one bacause it can be repaired. But most of all, let us hope many people are saved the pain and the panic that you are experiencing now because of the wrong and stupid decisions you have made..

Reply to QQ