Posted by: worried employee | 2011-03-27

Re post 72

Thank you for your reply. The reason I asked this question is because of the following:
1. I did not receive an increase or bonus as they were not satisfied with my " work performance."  I acknowledge I have stayed off from work because of depression/anxiety and accept responsibility for that, however, I have never ever been told that anyone was dissatisfied with my work.
2. I was told they consulted their lawyer. He advised I see a GP for a medical assessment to see if they were contributing to my illness ( diagnosed withdepression/bpolar 4yrs ago). GP said I am physically healthy.
3. The next day I was called in to my boss''s office to ask if I would accept a settlement or if I wanted to go the long process! I was told they wanted an answer immediately and I said I want to go the long route. I''ve been loyal to this company for 13yrs and being told that they did not want me to work for them any longer was a humiliating experience
4. I requested written feedback as to what they were refering to with regards to poor work performance but have not yet received any.
5. Their lawyer states I have completely misunderstood what was said/written as according to him they are not referring to the " standard of my work but to my work performance." 
I am completely shocked and in the dark as to what is happening as I have not received any feedback and everyone is behaving as if nothing has happened.
The fact is my boss does not like me any longer as I am no longer her personal doormat and of no use to her. I was only good enough to do her private work.She is using my depression as an excuse to get rid of me. I don''t know what she has said to the other directors but I know they think I am stupid and lazy.
6. According to the lawyer he assumes from their correspondence with him that I have an attitude problem, that I enjoy staying off from work, that I am neither conscientious nor diligent. These are all LIES! I have always enjoyed my job as well as working for this company and my boss is well aware of this as I have told her this MANY times. She knows I am loyal and dedicated but because I have my down days (which are becoming far and fewer), she is using it as an excuse. Can you please offer me some advice. Thank you so much.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

Re Post 72

There is no right in law to pay you a bonus.