Question
Posted by: Lola | 2012/04/19

Re post 636

I have changed GPs and am now using one closer to where I live. The current GP asked if I wanted to go back on cipralex, I told him that I would go with what he thought was best.

I was on Cipralex for a few mths in 2009 &  early 2010. It did work for me. The side effects eventually wore off.

CS, would I be able to changefrom Paxil to Cipralex at this point? I think I will feel more at ease using something I know.

When I stopped previously, it was under guidance from my previous gp. I was on 10mg, then started taking 5mg and thereafter stopped it.I also fell pregnant during this time.

Yes you could change over, and your doc could advise on the best way to move from one to the other. Sometimes one stops one first and then starts the other, but where there is a potential for withdrawal problems, we usually prefer that you gradually reduce the one while gradually increasing the other.
Sounds like the gradual stopping of the Cipralex before avoidded withdrawal problems.

1