Posted by: Sanet | 2012-01-30

Re: Post 579 Reduction of Chronic Benefits

Hi, thanks for the advice. As my Psychologist refuses to refer me to someone else and does not see the importance of the issue, I had to go to the GP to get a referral to another Shrink. Problem is, my current one is apparently the best in the field of Bipolar in this area. I have phoned around. I can only get an appointment with the other guy on 27 Feb, and I actually have to go away on bussiness then, I don''t know how I will work around it. I am sad, that a Dr that I have trusted for 4 years is now treating me as if I am a drama queen. I don''t think he believed me when I said that I am going to half the dose. What other choice do I have? I am coping fine at the moment having only taken 80mg of the 140mg dose per day since Friday. I am actually more energetic and my GP says I am less " blunt"  (don''t know the English word for " afgestomp" . But I have in the past thrown terrible tantrums when I just forgot to take the 20mg in the mornings, and I don''t want that to happen again. Why can''t he just increase my Epitec dose for the meantime, just until we see what the outcome is with the CMS. I feel sad that our relationship has to come to an end, but I also look forward to a new perspective. I just hope the new guy knows his meds. Because all my Psychiatrists (from when I moved around the country) said I was one of their top 3 difficult cases. I am actually angry with my therapist as well, because she also did not take me seriously on Friday. I''ve seen her on and off for 8 years now, and she has always been supportive. But, it was Friday afternoon I suppose, and then patients are just not important.

It is unprofessional coduct for a psychologist or any health professional to refuse to refer a patient to another professional for a second opinion, so that is worrying. Some are more experienced in a particular area of their inerest than some others, but should not lean on the idea of being THE BEST in the area. I hav never met such a Best. ANd if he is so gosh-darn brilliant and famed, the medical aid ought to take VERY seriousl his recommendation that you need a particular drug.
Some of us, as paients or therapists, may have off days ; and sometimes a shrink doesn't promptly grasp why an issue seems so importan to someon else. Hope it all gets sorted out.