Question
Posted by: Homer | 2012/03/08

Re: post 495

Hi there,

Thank you for your response and also to you Nikki. I know the feeling, it is exacyly like you say: TORTURE!!!

How do I explain this to my wife? She is over sensitive when it comes to her family and already tells me that she thinks I hate her family and I would probably like it if she never sees them again.

It is not like that at all. I just don''t want to spend all my holidays with them.

Thank you very much.

Just be clear and without anger - its not that you dislike her family in many other ways, but you don't want to go on holiday with them, and especially don't want to keep going on holiday with them, inevitably, every chance that turns up. Suggest you'd probably feel fonder of them if you didn't see so much of them as absence really can make a heart grow fonder.

3
Posted by: Nikki | 2012/03/09

Why not have holidays on your own or with friends ... why with the family anyway??? Your wife may actually enjoy it if you were to have a holiday on your own away from the family and all their issues etc. She should give it a try!! Good luck Homer :)

Reply to Nikki
Posted by: Obvious | 2012/03/08

As l said before. Why not compromise and spend one holiday a year doing what your wife wants(holidaying with her family). And one holiday a year doing what you want.
What could be more reasonable? in a good marriage this idea should not be difficult to sell..........

Reply to Obvious