Question
Posted by: Me | 2010-10-06

Re post 49: Not at a happy place

Thank you very much for your response. I had tears in my eyes reading it. Maybe just because of your friendly tone and understanding completely where I am coming from. Even though I do have a loving husband and also allot of other wonderful people in my life I feel that none of them really understands where I am coming from. I went out yesterday and bought myself a new dress and I think I look wonderful in it. I am going to try and consentrate on the beauty in my life and not the negative. Thank you again for your beautiful response.

Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

It's a pleasure. Although you say that you do not feel that anyone realy understands where you are coming from, I believe that the more you continue to nurture yourself, the more you will come to realize that people like your husband do understand and love you in the way that you need. The more you take good care of yourself, the more you will come to feel understood and supported by your loved ones. It starts with you, and buying a nice dress and feeling wonderful in it is a small, yet significant step towards being more self-accepting and self-appreciating. Keep it up.
Regards,
Graham

1
Posted by: Eating Disorders and Obesity Expert | 2010-10-07

Regards,
Graham

Reply to Eating Disorders and Obesity Expert