Posted by: Fed Up | 2013-01-10

Re: Post 40 (Advice)

I have all the paperwork for the divorce, started completing it already. Planning to tell my husband over the weekend. I know that he is going to freak out and be very angry because he thinks all is fine. He is going to be all rude towards the kids and me and if there are things he should help with eg. the kids he will just ignore me and not do it, by acting this way the vibe in the house will not be pleasant, especially for the kids. i dont want to argue and swear in front of them, he has no problem doing this, Can i force him to move out, previously he did not want to cause he was said where must i go i am not working, now he is working he can find a place.

Posted by: Anon | 2013-01-15

Please remember that no one takes too kindly to receiving a divorce summons, or hearing from their spouse that they want a divorce. It''s an emotional roller coaster and only you can possibly predict how he will react. If he''s been violent before then that''s probably what you can expect.

If you are married COP, then you cannot force him to move out, unless he is violent and the mechanism to do that is a protection order. You have to be able to prove that he has been violent. From what you describe, that''s unlikely.

If you want to move on with your life, then you need to make the move. You cannot expect to simply kick him out and benefit. That won''t fly in court.

You can get a Rule 43, or interim order, but then again, you need to move out. It won''t be granted if you ask the court to ask him to leave. They have no power under Rule 43 to kick him out of his house.

My advice to you is to go for counseling first. No one is asking you to accept his infidelity, or to forgive him. Just let each other know how you are feeling now and work from there. You may find that he is also wanting to part ways, and that will make it all easier on everyone.

Posted by: You | 2013-01-15

Stooopid woman!!

First of all, how are you married, ICOP??

Reply to You
Posted by: Creamy Sparkle | 2013-01-10

Hi,dear pls be alert for the violent behaviour(he can kill u) okay,its just we dont want to loose you,go ahead with ur decision but pls be safe..

Reply to Creamy Sparkle