Question
Posted by: Priscel | 2012/04/05

re : Post 300 my diet

Thank you for encouragement. I was a bit worried i was having too much carbs with all the bread.

Obviously some days i have a cooked dinner. Norm 150 g cooked pasta or rice with either chicken and veg or ostrich or fish or sometimes soya. ( I dont fry anything i dont even buy oil other then a small olive oil which i use rarely maybe a tablespoon when i roast vegs)

My taste buds seem to like healthier food which makes it easy, i dont like red meats ( the closest i get is ostrich) ,i dont like egg yolks ever at all and full cream dairy literally makes me ill . if oily food and i see oil floating or left on my plate ...eeeewww

Im not trying to loose weight more maintain , i weight 50kgs and am 1.64 cm so happy , i put on a bit with weight training but cm are down. I was a very heavy child , and over years have quit smoking , cut back on alcohol and made lifestyle changes taken about 7 years to get to where i am now , but have lost +-30kgs ( from my biggest) and have maintained healthier lifestyle for about 3 years now. Sometimes i gym less but if i start feeling uncomfy i train more , etc . ( My family is very unhealthy with my mother obese ( type 2 diabetic) my dad overweight and my sister obese)

Sometimes i do get a bit hungry and i normally snack on fruit or veggies , carrots etc , is this ok .

Sorry to bombard you i just wanna make sure i am on the right track .

Have a great easter:)

Dear Priscel
My goodness, you certainly deserve a medal for losing 30 kg in weight, particularly because the other members of your family seem to have a lot of weight-related problems. I checked your BMI which is 18.6 - now this is on the low side. We usually recommend that women aim for a BMI of about 22 (in your case you would need to weigh about 57 kg, thus 7 kg more). However, I can imagine that you are concerned that you may become obese. Keep a check on your weight and BMI and If you lose more weight or if your BMI drops below 18, then make sure that you are not slipping into anorexia. Moderation is the key - not too heavy, but also not too light!
Wishing you a happy Easter

1

Dear Priscel
Wishing you a happy Easter