Question
Posted by: Tired | 2013-01-29

Re : post 248

Hi Dietdoc

Thanks for your advice. I am waiting to setup an appointment with the psychologist at Crescent Clinic and then they will do an assessment and I will move on from there.
I have made enquiries to Tara but you have to have psychiatric assessment done and all psychiatrists charge +- R2000 for the first appointment! It is really difficult to get the help u need when u can''t afford the fees. What government hospitals in Johannesburg are good ones to go to?

Dear Tired
I am glad to hear that you are going to see a psychologist and am holding thumbs that you will get to the bottom of this problem of your nausea. I am amazed that psychiatrists now charge R2,000.00 for a first appointment, but this is probably because the first assessment can take a long time. I am unfortunately not acquainted with the government hospitals in Johannesburg. You can perhaps ask the psychologist when you so him/her.