Posted by: Sick | 2013-01-17

Re Post 209 and 216

I didnt have the kefir this morning and was still nauseous and got sick. I think there is a psychological association between food and the reflux/nausea issue as I am so scared to eat anything and don''t manage to eat much in the times I do, worried I am not getting enough nutrition. I met with my nutritional councellor and she''s given me an eating plan but the breakfast portions seem like way too much food - like that''s what I''d eat between breakfast, snacking and lunch altogether. Some of the suggestions like having leftover chicken/vegetables etc for breakfast I just can''t get my head around having chicken or beef and veg and rice for breakfast/// I am usually really hungry at breakfast time so scambled egg and toast is the only thing I can eat but I am concerned I am having too much egg. (1 egg scrambled with skim milk per serving OCCASIONALLY 2 eggs) But if I am having this daily - isnt that too much cholesterol? I try to only eat red met once or twice a week but its different when u also cooking for someone else... to have chicken and fish all the time could get a bit boring for some. I am happy to do it but my hubby might get bored of it.
I am seeing my gp who also does psychology to chat to her about the reflux and the food/nausea associations. I have been taking 40mg nexium a day for 2 days now.

Dear Sick
I also believe that there is a strong fear component that triggers your physiological reactions like the nausea, so I am glad your are going to see your gp. Now your nutritional counsellor who I hope is a registered dietitian (?), has made an excellent suggestion that you should eat chicken and other foods which you eat at other times of the day, for breakfast. Approx. 70% of the global population do not eat a standard western breakfast. So you would not be alone! Try it and see. Eating eggs every day is not advised as this can increase your cholesterol intake. Keep on taking the Nexiam because it takes quite a few days for the effect to become apparent - and do complete the full course.
Take care