Question
Posted by: Sick | 2013-01-16

Re Post 209

I have noticed reflux is particularly stimulated by wheat products eg : Bread, muesli, provita etc...
I normally have scrambled egg and brown toast for breakfast at 5:15 am and then I''ve been having 125ml-250ml milk kefir with muesli between 9h30-10h30 (eaten slowly). After this I get such reflux I feel like vommitting.
What can I substitute for wheat? I cannot eat rye at the moment as that also triggers bad reflux. I need some protein in the morning to keep me going...
At the moment I am so nauseous but there is a little " hungry"  feeling in my stomach but the thought of food just makes me feel worse. Planning on having some tuna and a touch of nola light mayonnaise with some lettuce for lunch. Will drinking water help the reflux?

Dear Sick
Oh dear, I am so sorry that you feel so nauseous. I do hope you have started making arrangements to consult the specialists as I suggested because you need special treatment to alleviate either your reflux or your nervous state. When you see the gastroenterologist you need to ask him/her to test you for wheat allergy because self-diagnosis is risky. You may be getting the severe reflux after having the kefir because as I said earlier, it may contain alcohol which is very bad for reflux! Try having plain yoghurt instead - that is high in protein. But above all get to see the gastroenterologist and the clinical psychologist.
Take care