Posted by: Bee | 2010-06-04

Re post 1571

I have been for blood tests. Doc tested for thyroid problem, glucose, liver function, kidney function, complete blood count (not sure what that is used for) and has found nothing wrong with me. I still feel like there is something that is not right. My bowels do not function like they used to either and i have a pain in my right hand side between the rib cage and the hip. It is more of an ache but some days it is worse than others. I am so terrified of cancer as my uncle passed away from bladder cancer a year ago, it worries me that these things go undetected until it is too late! Maybe it is paranoia because of all the devastating family losses in the past year (1 uncle in august 2008, my dad and uncle on 23 and 24 May 2009). Something just does not feel right!

Any suggestions?

It is possible that you are experiencing these symptoms due to the psychological influences, as you have mentioned.

Ask your doctor for a full cancer screen, including a colonoscopy, abdominal and pelvic ultrasound, as well as a cystoscopy. These examinations, if done correctly, are very thorough to determine if there is any cancer present.