Question
Posted by: CA | 2010-02-24

RE: POST 149 NOTICE OF BAR

I have managed to prepare the notice of plea and counter claim with assitance. I have faxed this to my husbands attorney and am filing the fax receipt with copies of these in court. Will a fax copy be a problem. I don''t have funds to drive out to where the attorney is, it is bit of a distance also in an area that I am not familiar with. I have just heard that it may be a problem as the attorneys may deny receipt. I have also phone and confirmed receipt with the receptionist.

Expert ImageFamily law expert

Dear CA,
If the matter is before the Family - Divorce Court, you can send the Plea and Counter Claim by registered post and file the receipt plus the document at the court. Unfortunately if it is a High Court matter you will need to get the attorney to accept service by way of fax, if they don't accept you will have to deliver it by hand.

2
Posted by: G-Dad | 2010-02-24

It is best to get the sheriff to serve the documents to his attorneys, it is not that expensive to serve it onto them.

Reply to G-Dad
Posted by: Family law expert | 2010-02-24

Dear CA,

Reply to Family law expert