Question
Posted by: nn | 2010-04-22

Re - post 1180

The problem is when i met my bf he was great. He would call me and sms me all the time. He would go on about how crazy he is about me. And since we had the month apart he has stopped doing all of those things. I am very sympathethic about his hurt and I have tried to support him for 7 months. Needless to say the tons of hurt he has caused me and I always land up forgiving him because I am trying to be supportive and understanding. I am just not sure why thinns are so cold between us since that month apart. I know he likes being with me but all of a sudden he just cannot show it to me. Ok so say I stick with him until he manages to sort his life out. Then what??? he will be so used to not doing all the " lovey dovey"  stuff and I will be used to not getting the texts and being a bigger part of his life. Then what kind of a relationship will we have then??? I just do not know why he has changed and i hate it!!!! i try and give him space as well as being there for him.

Don't you think he was making a fuss of you at the beginning, because he wanted to attract you at the first, and now ( moods change ) he is mopre preoccupied with his own problems and feelings ? Much of this depends on whether you see the "love-dovey" stuff as a stragetgy o as a reflection o true inner felings. It can be either, or both.
Have you tried, not complaining, or accusing, but just calmly telling him that you find this change bothers you, and asking him to help you understand it better ?

3

Relationships are easy... human complicate things. DO u want to live your life like this, pondering, questioning... there is a lot better out there... why do u insist on being miserable... u have a choice... take time apart and then decide...
If I were in your position i will leave him... maybe he will then catch a wake up.

Posted by: katla | 2010-04-22

isnt what your describing what is commonly refered to as " puppy love" ...not really fully grown love yet with the associated sacrifice?

Reply to katla