Question
Posted by: Nadia | 2011-06-08

Re: post 1 Nadia 4/3/2011 - Graham, i think you overlooked this one

Hi, het wil weet of ek ''''n probleem het, ek eet baie en aanhoudend, ek eet wanneer ek nie honger is nie en eet baie voedsel op ''''n slag, ek word net nie versadig nie. As ek geslaap het bv in die middag en ek word wakker, wil ek net kos he, ek is nie honger nie! Ek eet maklkik 6 buns op ''''n slag en dan sal ek nog chips en ander junk food ook eet na dit! Gelukkig is ek nie oorgewig nie, ek is 1.62m en het 51kg geweeg en ek begin nou stadig gewig aansit, ek het 2kg opgetel en dit pla my, want as ek nie gaan stop nie, gaan ek later meer optel en ek wil nie nog gewig optel nie! Het gedink om eetlusdepper te kry, maar bang dit ongesond en as ek dit los gaan ek gewig optel! Enige raad?

Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

Hello Nadia,
Apologies for not having seen this question earlier. Fom your weight and height, I can see that you are sitting very close to the lower end of a normal weight range, so it is not unexpected that you are slowly gaining weight. I am not sure if you are trying to deliberately keep your weight down, but I suggest that you look at following a sensible and moderated meal plan that includes three meals and three snacks through the day. Perhaps you are thinking about food all the time because your body is under-nourished? I also cannot exclude the possibility that you have a binge eating disorder, but I'm guessing that if this is the case, it is part due to your inconsistent eating habits. I suggest that you see a registered dietician and see if you are eating healthily or not. If your eating is not as a result of physical hunger, you might want to see a psychologist and explore what unresolved issues are urging you to "eat your problems away". I hope this helps?
Regards,
Graham

3
Posted by: Eating Disorders and Obesity Expert | 2011-06-14

Hello Nadia,
Regards,
Graham

Reply to Eating Disorders and Obesity Expert
Posted by: Lee | 2011-06-09

Go and see a CBT therapist. Nip this problem now. Don''t start on pills that will just lead to a continuous cycle. Drink water, exercise and shop properly.

Reply to Lee
Posted by: Lee | 2011-06-09

Reply to Lee